Friday, July 23, 2010

On the road again

Can't wait to get on the road again. The guy who wrote that song must have been nuts. Wait a minute I forgot that he was going places that he'd never been, maybe it's different when you do that. because when you drive down the same stretch of highway that you've been down dozens of times before most of them for the similar reason of a family crisis, the scenery gets kind of boring her a tree there a tree here another tree, here a field of canola there a field of canola here another field of canola. Every now and then broken up by a bridge a hill or a river.

Last night we stopped in a city for the night about 7 driving hours to our goal, we have 5 hours of driving left today. But it's not all bad news last night I got to see my Aunt K who I haven't seen in years(she's my mama's best friend from childhood. they've known each other since they were 12 can you believe it?) And I also got to see miss J who went and worked with me at camp and worked about 4 summers with me. our inside joke is that she's known me since I couldn't walk.

Today we MAY have breakfast with Aunt K, Grandma B, and Grandpa D if they are still in town.
Then we'll drive our 5 hours and hope to get to where we're going before visiting hours are over at the hospital. We talked to my Grandfathers wife yesterday and he's out of ICU but he's stuck on bed rest and very weak. To tell the truth I'm not sure that he's going to make it.

Then tomorrow I'll get to go see Grandfather and I'll also go see my great-grandmother and my uncle V both of home live in a lodge. Great-Grandma has been complaining that I never see her. we're over ten hours away but that doesn't mean much. Even though she says that I'm the only one who calls. well I've got to go get ready to go.

Chloe and Indy

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy seeing everyone. I miss you! Email me and keep me updated with how you and Indy are doing, if you can find internet.

    ReplyDelete