Friday, August 21, 2009

I feel good!

What a day! First Indy and I had our first trip on the Handi-Bus. I was nervous about how he would handle it. But he handled it like a champ, he stood up once but other then that was fine, especially considering how different it is to his usual mode of transport, buckled into the van next to me. The bus took us to the library for our first semi solo trip, we were being shadowed by my aide who only has one week left with me before she leaves for college in the states. Turned out okay hopefully he'll listen better after we clean his ears out tomorrow. He's still at odds with the cat.

In the afternoon we went to have our picture taken with one of the members of the organization that paid for him. And I was very happy and proud to be able to take my semi heavy tin bank filled with what I had been saving to help pay for Indy to make a donation. I don't remember exactly how much was in it around fifty dollars I think. all I know is it felt really good to give back to them and hope that I could help them help someone else. Our family has chosen that as our favorite charity and hope to help with fundraising in the future as they help families with kids who fall between the cracks. They've helped another family get an autism service dog and how ironic we shared an aide this summer. It was amazing to go and tell them all Indy has helped me do in the short time he's been here.(Three weeks tomorrow!)and about things I hope to do with him like attend a sleep away summer camp next summer something I never thought I could do. with Indy I could eventually maybe even hold down a job. that would be a miracle.

Chloe and Indy

1 comment: