Monday, September 27, 2010

I'll Miss him

So long time no write my apologies. It has been a really long week.

On Friday my uncle A died. He was only in his seventies but he wasn't well.

So we packed up two days before my birthday to go to Claresholm to help my aunt out. Let me just say next time we have a road trip that is about thirteen hours each way I am getting a Chloe sitter and Indy and I will stay home.


I don't really know what to tell you. Losing uncle A is rough. Some of you may know I call my great grandmother every week. He got the same treatment I would call all the time if I had a good day we would celebrate if I had a bad day no one could cheer me up like he could. Walking into that house and seeing his empty recliner is one of the hardest things Ive ever done. But sitting in that chair that still smelled like him was like being in his arms when I was knee high to a grasshopper. When I was little I'd sit on his lap and he'd tell me stories.

Uncle A I will miss you oh so much!

Chloe and Indy

3 comments:

  1. Uncle A must have been a great story teller and a great person.

    And the chair which smelt like him.

    I know you and your family will miss him ... so much.

    A thirteen-hour road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Chloe, and so glad you had someone like him in your life.

    Love to your and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice tribute to your uncle. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete